SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR AFRICAN STUDENTS
Iduka “LinkedIn® Challenge” Scholarship
The purpose of these Iduka “LinkedIn® Challenge” Scholarships is to make post-secondary education more affordable for our African Pilot Project students and to give them a chance to pay back by volunteering in their local communities. Scholarship recipients must agree to volunteer at local Iduka Chapters to promote our programs and the value of professional social networking that LinkedIn has to offer to college students around the world.
Iduka will be awarding a number of scholarships of different monetary values, not to exceed $1,000 each. These scholarships are being created for underserved African students who live and intend to pursue post-secondary education in an African country participating in the Iduka Africa Pilot Project.
• Applying to Iduka’s “LinkedIn® Challenge” Scholarship requires that you:
• Are eligible and committed to the conditions of eligibility indicated below.
• Have a LinkedIn public profile.¹ To create a LinkedIn public profile, please visit http://www.linkedin.com
• Submit the Scholarship Application Form by no later than Friday, December 2, 2011.
As an applicant you must:
• Be a resident of an African country participating in the Iduka Africa Pilot Project (iAPP).
• Be enrolled or applying to a post-secondary education institution/program accredited by the local government.
• pay back the scholarship by volunteering² at local Iduka Chapter.³
• Follow Iduka Corporation company page on LinkedIn. http://www.linkedin.com/company/2283245
• Join your region’s Iduka Group and your country’s Iduka National Council Group on LinkedIn.
• Invite your trusted connections on LinkedIn.
• Ask for a recommendation from teachers, professors, and direct supervisors who can confirm your qualifications to pursue post-secondary education.
• Share your career goals on the Summary section of your LinkedIn public profile.
• Fill out and submit the Scholarship Application Form after creating a LinkedIn profile.
Iduka is accepting applications until December 31, 2011. The scholarships will be announced on this blog by no later than January 31, 2012. To participate you must submit your Scholarship Application Form by no later than Friday, December 30, 2011.
For further information contact Office @;
African Citizen’s Empowerment Foundation (ACEF)
No.97, Odokoyi Street,
Akure, Ondo State
Tel: 08034942947, 08021248738
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS 2011/2012, TUESDAY 18, OCTOBER 2011
CHEVRON NIGERIA LIMITED OPERATOR OF THE NNPC/CHEVRON JOINT VENTURE RC 6135
2011/2012 NNPC/CHEVRON NATIONAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
Chevron Nigeria Limited, in collaboration with its Joint Venture partner, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), is offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to suitably qualified Nigerian students.
E-applications are invited from full-time SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) degree students of the under-listed courses, in Nigerian Universities:
2. AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING/AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
4. BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION/ECONOMICS
5. CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
6. CIVIL ENGINEERING
7. COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
9. ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES/SURVEYING
12. MASS COMMUNICATION/JOURNALISM
13. MECHANICAL/METALLURGICAL & MATERIALS ENGINEERING
14. HUMAN MEDICINE/DENTISTRY/PHARMACY
15. PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
Interested student should go to http://www.dragnetnigeria.com/cnlawards
Closing date for receipt of e-applications is strictly October 31, 2011.
Please note that we will accept applications through this web site address only as we have implemented our e-scholarship administration system and we will no longer process hard copies of any document submitted. All interested students are advised to endeavour to complete the e-application form online and upload all the required documents as demanded at the web site.
In line with our adoption of the e-scholarship administration system, selected students will be invited for computer administered qualifying tests in selected computer examination centers nationwide. Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and sms. All applicants are here advised to ensure that GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms at the web site.